View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 10:02 AM
ahwu

1. If we were walking down a street, how would I/we identify you?
I am tether to a five yrs old girl.

2. How did you come by your screen name?
My initial. Wish I had come up with something more creative, but I was in a rush to join the boom and had to come up with something fast before I chicken out.

3. What was the source of your “real” name?
From a fortune teller. My grandpa took me to a fortune teller when I was a few days old.

4. What was your first quilt?
It was a copy of an Amish quilt I saw in the book. I did not know how to quilt then, but wanted to make it for my sister's Birthday. I figured out the proportion and made lots of mistakes cutting fabric. I think I was in the Fabric shop every other day to get tools and materials. All hand-pierce and quilted.

5. What is or was your oldest UFO?
Right after I made the first quilt (above). I drew the pattern (not knowing I can get it easily online).The center seams gave me a hard time and I eventually tucked it under my piles of the fabric and forgot all about it until last Christmas when I was going through my fabric piles. I have finished one UFO by Valentine day this year (in time for a v-day gift), now I am quilting the other one.

6. What is the source of the song, “Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You?”
From The King and I movie.
Attached Thumbnails ahwu1.jpg