View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 05:15 PM
Loveofquilts

1. If we were walking down a street, how would I/we identify you?
I have blue glasses and shoulder length brown hair that is starting to grow bright white hairs out of the top of my head. Got to love aging... I'm almost always in jeans, even though I live in Texas and it gets really hot. I'll also have my 10 year old son in tow since I homeschool him now.
2. How did you come by your screen name?
I came by my screen name because I needed one to join QB and I just really love quilts. I'm super obsessed these days. Lol!
3. What was the source of your “real” name? Amanda is a nice strong biblical name that my parents picked out and liked. My middle name Ann is also my mother's middle name.
4. What was your first quilt? Pictures if you have one. My first quilt was a baby applique quilt of a rabbit that I made for my niece in 2008. I found a group of patterns at a thrift store and made it. The patterns are from the 70s, but so cute. I made so many mistakes along the way, since I had no idea what I was doing... I made a couple more applique baby quilts with different things on them including one for my son and a bed quilt in 2009. Then I didn't make anymore until 2017. Since then it has been an addiction! I so love it! Picture is below.

5. What is or was your oldest UFO? My oldest UFO is a Moda layer cake recipe of all HSTs that I finally have all pieced and sashed. It has been on the design wall for 2 years! I have the backing, and I just bought the batting. I still have to put the 2 inch borders on and she's ready to sandwich... Picture is below of it on the design wall before they were blocks or sashed. The other one is sashed and in its current state. The borders will be black as well.

I have been working on my UFOs in the past couple of months now that I'm recovering quite well from bunion surgery 6 months ago. I'm not quite there, but WAY better than I was. I cut out these 2 carpenter star pillows last March or April before I had trouble walking at all. I am finally putting them together and the points matched up! I'm ready to quilt one before I attach it to the pillow back. The other is still being pieced, but will be to this point shortly. Picture of this one is below.

6. What is the source of the song, “Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You?” Thy King and I. I did watch it several times with my mom growing up. It's a good musical.

I agree, this was a lot of fun!
Attached Thumbnails pic-0384.jpg   resized_20200210_115411.jpeg   resized_20210203_202939.jpeg   resized_20210302_164912.jpeg