View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 05:56 AM
OurWorkbench

Default March 2021 Colorado Sewing Machine Get Together Part 1

Since our February post, winter arrived in earnest to Colorado, as it did many other places in the country. A sub-zero polar blast lasting several days was followed a week later by an unexpected foot of snow. Our surprise can not compare though, to that of the gulf states which were hit with temperatures they could never have predicted. Our thoughts and prayers are with those people who are still recovering from their unexpected cold.

Several of our members have submitted material this month for our show-and-tell, sharing their efforts and new acquisitions for all of us to read.

Leon

Leon, our member from Kansas, ran across some good fortune while looking for new additions to his collection. He explains to us:

I answered a marketplace add and picked up a Free Westinghouse.vs machine. It has the rotoscillo movement that takes the rotary motion of a shaft under the bed and changes it to the oscillation of the VS shuttle carrier. As I was there, another buyer picked up a 28 in a bentwood case. We talked a bit and he was going to use it for a power tool. I asked if I could have the shuttle and bobbin then. YEP. As I went to retrieve them, the manual made an appearance. He gave it to me also. Good day all around. It came with a handmade name plate with the name of the machine and the owner. Even better.

leon-vsm-free-wesinghouse-front.jpg

leon-vsm-free-wesinghouse-rotoscillo.jpg

leon-vsm-dugan-free-nameplate.jpg

leon-vsm-free-wesinghouse-id-chicago-plug.jpg

... to be continued