View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 06:02 AM
OurWorkbench

Default March 2021 Colorado Sewing Machine Get Together Part 2

Courtney

Courtney, from northern Colorado, sent the following report from the last month:

Dear All,

Boy, February is short! (and this year COLD.) I really have not done much concerning sewing machines themselves this month. I have however nearly finished another quilt. About a year and a half ago, a friend talked me into taking a “One Block Wonder” class at our local quilt shop. I learned how to cut and sew the hexagons before the pandemic. I sewed all the hexagons on my 1892 Willcox and Gibbs treadle. After the pandemic started, I added the borders and this week I finally got it quilted. Because of the hexagons, I decided to do some straight-line diamond quilting. I am pleased with how it came out (see pictures). I hope to finish off the quilt this week with a flange binding. Maybe I will have it completed by the end of the week.

I mentioned a couple of months ago that I was given a Kenmore 158.904 from about 1960 and I had hoped to play some with the machine and its accessories but did not have the time. Connie and I spent two or three days putting together a puzzle instead. It was nice spending Valentine’s Day with my Valentine putting together a Valentine puzzle (see picture).

Courtney

courtney-one-block-wonder.jpg

courtney-one-block-wonder-back.jpg

courtney-love-puzzle.jpg

... to be continued