View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 06:09 AM
OurWorkbench

Default March 2021 Colorado Sewing Machine Get Together Part 3

James

James has been busy, but has some pictures of a sewing machine in his collection:

I have not done anything sewing related lately. Been swamped at work and so on. I still have machines I have not shown yet though! For this month I am showing off my Western Electric sewing Machine that was made by National Sewing Machine Company. Based on the swing away motor, I am guessing it was made just after WW1. Western Electric put their plate on the swing away motor which is basically the same as a Hamilton Beach motor. Naturally the pivot point has snapped off so it will need to be repaired.

The decals are in nice condition but the wood base is in very rough condition. I do have all the hardware attached to the base including the latch hardware for connecting the wood dome top. My plan is to build a new base the same size as the old one and place the hardware on that. The dome top is in fair shape but is sound except for a hole that will need patching. This is a full size sewing machine and nothing seems to be locked up so it should be easy to get sewing again once I make a new base for it.

James

james-image1.jpeg

james-image2.jpeg

james-image3.jpeg

james-image4.jpeg

... to be continued