View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 06:15 PM
tropit

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I agree about The Godfather. Hands down one of the best movies ever made. My Dad didn't like anything Hollywood or TV. He only watched the news but........ he LOVED The Godfather movies.

tropit- did you watch The Sopranos? I think it's one of the best TV series ever ever ever!! (just my op though)
The Sopranos came along during those days when we gave up cable TV (2008ish...the Great recession) and were also in the process of moving, so I missed it. I've only seen a couple of episodes. I really should check it out.

I was reading up on Peaky Blinders and the writer said that he purposely didn't watch any other movies, or TV shows, for fear that he might be influenced by them. I dunno...the script definitely has some Godfather influence...no doubt about it. Lots of other people have noticed as well. Here's just one: https://vocal.media/geeks/peaky-blinders-the-godfather

Never the less, I still really like Peaky Blinders. I'm into season 4. My only complaint is that many of the female characters have medium length, dark, brown hair. I'm getting them all confused.

I also love Tom Hardy's and Adrien Brody's performances.

I really should be doing the bookkeeping.............nah.