View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 08:06 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

I finally got around to taking a picture of my January UFO finish. (conchalea it's already been counted)
How it started: In 2010, I participated in a 1.5" charm swap here on the board and decided to make 9P's. I had quite a few made up and played with fabrics to use as setting squares. For some reason I liked green. Then it sat.

And then: I played with layouts in EQ and came upon a concentric placement of dark and light blocks. Not enough of any one green. Then it sat.

1.5" Mini swap--photos added 3-16-11

And then: Sometime in 2019 I decided to put this together. I still had the green fabrics. I used the lightest in the center, theh the next shade with the darkest as setting triangles plus first border. I generally don't use lighter colored fabrics in outer borders, but this gold based fabric seems to work especially with the green binding. Now how to quilt it; then it sat.

And finally: I decided on a pantograph and got quilting. This pantograph double backed on me a couple of times and think it was my laser point that was a tad loose and changed it's trajectory. So had some frog stitching on it. It's been on my sofa since January. At 75 x 75 a cozy quilt to snuggle in!
Attached Thumbnails 20210304_092014.jpg  

Last edited by oksewglad; 03-04-2021 at 08:17 AM.