View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 08:13 AM
IrishMom

Happy Friday!!

1. If we were walking down a street, how would I/we identify you?
Most likely I would be wearing some Notre Dame gear - sweatshirt, tee shirt, coat, hat, etc

2. How did you come by your screen name?
I'm half Irish by birth and a huge Notre Dame fan. My husband went to ND and I was across the street at St Mary's College. My youngest is a senior at ND and my oldest graduated from SMC. Both were in the ND Marching Band - what fun times!!

3. What was the source of your “real” name?
I was named after my grandfather who passed before I was born.

4. What was your first quilt? Pictures if you have one.
Made around 2003 - a quilt for my niece's Baptism. It was pink/purple/white appliqued flowers. I had bought a used book called "How to Make a Quilt"! I followed it and it looked pretty good!! I think I got my first digital camera about three months after making the quilt cause I don't have a digital picture and I can't find my quilt scrapbook!

5. What is or was your oldest UFO?
About 2005 I started a Dresden flower quilt with 1930 fabrics. It actually looks pretty good but the center of the flowers called for yo-yos - those did not look good! So then I thought of big buttons, couldn't find the right size. My old machine wasn't the best at the satin stitch so applique was out. Maybe I should look at it again, since I know have a new machine and more skills.

6. What is the source of the song, “Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You?”
Ahh, good memories! A family friend took me into Chicago to see this play in person (around 1982?) and Yul Brenner was playing the King!!!! Truly, as a musical junky, a highlight of my life to see the actor who made this part come to life in a movie on stage!!!