View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 01:48 PM
KurmanQuilter

Default The Cutie Frame is a Table top frame system

Originally Posted by mkc View Post
Just out of curiosity, why the Cutie frame (which requires you to have something appropriate to put it on) rather than the Hoop Frame (which I believe is about the same size and is free standing)?

the Cutie is a table top hoop frame system for $800 .. a great deal lower than the others. Also having a table 4 ft x 3 ft is a necessity. ( and hard to find ) I found a craft table that fit the bill.. I will quilt in my garage, then take my machine in at night.
.I just ordered my Cutie and have watched EVERY video out there on it . Also I have been in contact with Grace Co and have asked a ton of questions. so here it is. I have a PQ1500s it has approx 8" of throat space. the cost is about $800 for the frame, it comes needed to be assembled but there is a detailed video on how to. it's not hard. If you like ruler work, check with Sew Steady they have a Domestic ruler Base 18x18" that works for my PQ1500s you have to ask them if it will work for yours . Additional things you may need are "leader cloths" they are expensive to buy at Grace Co. but can be made with canvas ( serge the edges ) with rope at the top .. you'll see what I mean when you watch the videos. Also Lea Day has videos on the Z- hoop frame which is like the cutie only with legs. Theres a bit of a learning curve to this frame I am told. Hopefully I will post videos when I get mine, it's on back order until April. check out the videos on the cutie and the Z-hoop frame .. to get an idea about the Cutie. It's so new it's hard to find info yet. I just can hardly wait to get mine > its' on sale at sewingmachinepartsonline.com

Last edited by KurmanQuilter; 03-05-2021 at 01:52 PM.