View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 03:40 PM
fatsewcat

Originally Posted by Fizzle View Post
I am finally at the end of the rope! I had moved in to the living room to set up my Sewing Studio. It started out ok but as I accumulated more stuff, including a long arm on an 8’ frame, it is overwhelming! Now i just have piles and stuffed shelves! Its not a joy and i don’t know where to begin! I have many precuts and also yardage. Thread. Patterns. Rulers. Notions!!! Its all the usual that we all have
I do have a book shelf and some really heavy odd shelf units i bought from a knit shop! I know i need to spend some real monies and get it fixed up. But how do you know what will work? What is the best use of space? Most usable. I am the queen of buying cheap plastic units that dont hold up. I am in Need of a grown up area.
Do you have any suggestions? I checked out Closet Concepts but will they understand a Quilters needs? I have read about shelving units from IKEA. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Very appreciative of any help
thanks
Fizzle.
I have used wire closet shelves in the past especially for my fabric. My new house didn’t allow for those to be hung up so I resorted to milk crates under my long arm. Color organized creates a wonderful display. I can move them as needed to dig for the right fabric, add to them or just rearrange them. And they hold several yards of fabric. And are sturdy. The majority of what is in my creates are a minimum of one yard. As for ruler and gadget storage I doubled up by using closet drawer systems with metal frames topped it with a top to create a desk. built a 2x4 frame with a peg board ironing top that I can remove to use the smooth table for other projects such as a cutting table (excuse the mess- it’s how I keep the cat hair off my ironing space). It’s your space. Just remember to have fun with it.

Last edited by fatsewcat; 10-05-2022 at 09:00 AM.