View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 11:39 AM
IrishMom

MacyBaby - I used some KF fabric in my Small World quilt, Jen and Kaffe pair up well!

AND -------- The top is done!!!!!!

I finished the hills - the back hill has the extinct dinosaurs, the Dresden Fan has imaginary animals, the hexagons Australia and the New York Beauty represents the Artic. This was my second New York Beauty - the first one (sewn) looked like she went clubbing all night! Not a pretty sight! I ended up "cheating" and making it with applique instead of sewing it. Honestly, I am a little upset that I couldn't sew it (but I don't blame myself!) The templates NEED to have the 1/4" added with hash marks!! Trying to recreate the templates, which have a curve to them, was a nightmare -- it just didn't work. I felt like I was being set up to fail. But I decided since this quilt is going up on the wall that applique would give me the look without the anxiety!

I did love doing this quilt and really appreciate all the cheerleading and advice from all of you. I'm going to take a small break from it and then start quilting it.

Attached Thumbnails hills.jpeg   complete.jpeg