View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 12:19 PM
NZquilter

1. If we were walking down a street, how would I/we identify you?
I'm often wearing a denim skirt and t shirt, and now have four daughters in tow! My hubby likes to wear kilts, so if you see a big broad shoulder guy in a kilt and a woman beside him, that would be us!

2. How did you come by your screen name?
Mine was pretty easy. I was born and raised in New Zealand (NZ) and I quilt of course. My mom is an American and I moved with my family to America right after high school.

3. What was the source of your “real” name?
My mom just like the name Catherine, which got shortened to Cathy.

4. What was your first quilt? Pictures if you have one.
Goodness, my first quilt was a hot mess! None of my family sewed when I was growing up, but I had always been sewing. In junior high I got this idea that I wanted to make a quilt. So I went to the local library and borrowed a book called "The Complete Idiots Guide to Quilting." I really didn't pay attention to accuracy and my templates were made from old milk bottles cut up. I sewed it by hand with stitches far too big! But the love of quilts had started! I still have that quilt, but it's too fragile for use.

5. What is or was your oldest UFO?
I have two that are from 2012. They will get finished one day, I promise!

6. What is the source of the song, “Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You?”
After reading everyone's comments I now know it's from "The King and I". I went on YouTube to listen to the song, and now I can't get it out of my head!