View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 01:25 PM
Rebaquilts

Originally Posted by Suz View Post
Tell us more about this apliquick tool. Who makes them? Are there YouTube demonstrations? Never heard of them. I’m really curious.
Yes there are youtube demonstrations and on The Quilt Show. I got mine from Kathy McNeil's website as they were a few dollars cheaper than Amazon. I bought the whole kit, and used the fusible soft interfacing and the glue pen. The tools are simple but well made, and they do work great. One stick/tool has a two-prong simple fork and the other side has what looks a little like a cuticle pusher, in stainless steel. I followed the tutorials and they are my new best friends. I really do like the "hand" of the fusible interfacing, it does stay soft, and I do like the glue pen, although it is pricey and I've ordered some different glue stick pens from AliExpress to see if they are an acceptable cheaper alternative, I know you can use regular glue stick but after using the pen, I like it better. The scissors are also pricey but they actually are pretty nice. The whole process of turning under the seam allowance just goes really fast and it pretty easy with the tools. At this point, I think I won't use any other method, I've tried them all before and I like these best.