View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 09:11 AM
FoggyButFocused

I bought a Pfaff Ambition 620 about 1 year ago. I bought a Bernina Bernette many years ago and was very disappointed in the quality of this "modern" machine so I wasn't too sure about this purchase. Since my other machines are mechnical (Featherweight and 401a), the Pfaff was a little difficult for me to get used to. I bought it for the IDT and the eyelet buttonhole stitch. My primary complaint is getting the thread through the take up lever. The lever doesn't fully come out of the case and it is difficult to get the thread through the slot. To avoid this, I just cut the old thread at the top, tie the new thread on and pull through. I also had a stitch quality issue when too much lint built up in the bobbin case.

Overall, what I like my Pfaff is ...
The IDT.
Visible bobbin.
Thread cutter.
Lots of light in the sewing area.

I DON"T like ...
The take up lever threading.
Hard to see the guidelines on the needleplate. I solved this by buying a 1/4" foot and an adjustable guide foot.

Overall, I would give it an 8 out of 10. I haven't tried any FMQ. But I would like to suggest that when you get a demo from the dealer, bring samples of the type of sewing you do to make sure that it works for you. Also, check Pfaff.com for any bonuses they might be running for the machine you choose.

Hope this helps! Have a great day.