View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 08:08 PM
fatsewcat

Default Nov & Dec Memories

In Nov & Dec I worked on memory projects. 3 bears for a friend (made from her dads shirts after his passing) / tulips for my cousins MIL(made from her FIL shirts after his passing / 4 memory quilts for my aunts and uncle from my grandpas shirts. And one memory quilt for my dad in the works. I have to finish the border. It’s also made from my grandpas shirts. Grandpa passed in 2016 and my original plan was to make family tree quilts for dad and the aunts and uncle but I scrapped that idea , started over( yes I had the trees done just not quilted) and decided to go with something more personal for them. My uncles quilt was done in the drunkard path block because ... well he drinks a lot. That’s as personal as I got with his quilt 🤨. My one aunt is a nurse and likes to kayak so I pulled those elements in plus her favorite flower. There is a hibiscus quilted into the quilt for every member of her family. The other aunts quilt represents her faith, love for her family and her favorite flower, it also is quilted with hibiscus flowers, one for each family member. The sunshine quilt for my other aunt was at her request to have a sunshine and flowers, specifically some sunflowers so it has 11 rays of sun and sky and 11 large flowers to represent the number of her family members. The four sunflowers represent her my uncle and their two sons, the roses for the two DIL’s, and the daisies represent the grands. The pink flowers were added as fillers. Each petal on each flower is an individual petal. I prepared them for appliqué the two weeks I was in quarantine with covid starting on Christmas Eve. I had a mild case, and it allowed me to keep myself busy while being alone in my room. My aunt also requested that “hello sunshine” be quilted into it somewhere since it was something my gpa said frequently. I will finish dads quilt this weekend then on to my next project. Been a busy winter. Enjoy the views.

Last edited by fatsewcat; 10-05-2022 at 09:00 AM.