View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 07:14 AM
rryder

Thanks, y'all. I'm much relieved to have gotten through it all and my space is much for appealing to work in as well!

Jmoore and oksewglad- what works for me may not work for you. I find that if I don't cut the smaller chunks down, I don't use them. I just don't like digging through a drawer full and pulling pieces, only to find they are too small to cut the size I want, so if they're already sorted by size and I've precut them, I can grab what I want and go from there. That said, I don't cut up anything that is fat quarter size or larger, I also don't cut up anything that is at least 1/4 yard full width of fabric, those all go into my large uncut scraps drawers, wrapped around comic boards and labelled with size so I can open a drawer and know at a glance if they are big enough for what I want. I use these a lot for bindings, sometimes borders, sometimes backgrounds. Now, I won't be tempted to use them when I need smaller pieces since I can go to my "precuts" drawers. Unless of course, there isn't a color I need in the "precuts" drawers...then all bets are off.

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 03-09-2021 at 07:17 AM.