View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 10:28 AM
toogie

Default Civil War Reproduction Fabrics

Hello Quilters! This is a queen size quilt top I made with scraps offered from one of our members here. Thank you again Quilt Baer! I hope you like what I've done with them. I had never purchased any CW fabrics before, so I was extremely anxious to work with them. I already had the off white with the gray print to use on each block and I think I have found the perfect backing, at 108 inch wide for it. I used some of the backing in the blocks, so it would look like it was all purchased together for this finale. I have made enough blocks for shams too. The quilting will have to wait a while as I am having shoulder problems. I am making this to gift one of the grandsons when he gets married, so no hurry at all, for either of us. I didn't have a bed to measure by, so right now it's 92 x 103. I made another row of blocks to add, but was undecided on the size. If I add the other row, making it 9 rows across and 9 rows down, it will measure 103 x 103, but by the time it's quilted maybe 100 x 100. If I leave the top as is, 8 rows by 9 rows, when quilted it would be about 89 x 100. I honestly wanted to try this pattern, but cutting 2 1/2 inch squares and sewing all of them for a large project has made me satisfied so I may not do this again-lol- It has taken me over a month, about 6 weeks, to cut and piece. I hope you like the finish. Have a great day quilters!-Toogie
Attached Thumbnails img_7145.jpg   img_7144.jpg   img_7067.jpg   img_6928.png