View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 01:27 PM
WesternWilson

It is the rare quilter/maker who works one project at a time, finishing one before starting the next. I usually have several projects on the go as I am a very enthusiastic "starter"....then get distracted and end up with 20 projects in various stages of completion. I like working on one and switching it up, or doing "therapy sewing" when bored or tired.

I have also found the pandemic anxieties have often overwhelmed my creative urge. So I just rest up and wait for the desire to create to return.

Frankly, if you love fabric collecting and starting projects that to me is a sufficient reason to do it. I do NOT think you have to generate a finished item to validate the expense and time...the return on your joy is enough.

That said, I love the quilts I have finished and use. They give me great joy and comfort. Maybe commit to finishing one lap quilt project?

I have learned that while I allow myself to start new projects and buy new fabrics etc. I do always have one "main" project going that I work on with the focused goal of making progress and finishing. That way I get the best of both worlds.