View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 02:57 PM
sewingpup

looks good for first try. Yep, it is a different learning curve from sit-down. But, I think you will really like the long arm after a bit of practice. Some things I learned, is that shorter stitches give a smoother look especially when you are trying smaller motifs free hand. Try changing the stitch length and see how it goes. Also, don't know if you have a stitch regulator....but again, smaller stitches can give a smoother look as the machine is trying to keep the stitches even so in tighter curves, you fight the stitch regulator. One of my instructors made me turn the stitch regulator off so I could feel how much smoother my quilting was without it on. I of course don't do much custom and use the stitch regulator mostly. But she was right, much easier to do tiny stippling and pebbles without the stitch regulator on. Have fun...you will be surprise how quickly your skills grow. Oh, the loading will get a bit faster...but ...yeah...it takes a while. I put on some music or listen to audio books.