View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 02:58 PM
Macybaby

Joe's mom, I try to keep things a bit balanced as I'm making the blocks, but I don't decide which block goes where until I've got them done. I don't try to stay with the original layout, as I'm not trying to make a copy. Usually after I'm about half done I'll start looking them over to see if I need to pay more attention to what colors I'm selecting.

I had a lot of fun sewing today - 8 at a time is a good number, though I do think that Oregon Trail has no business being made that small. When I've got one like that, I'll keep the arc and extend the sides a bit so I can sew it and then trim to size in case I don't get the sides lined up exactly. Those ones seem to get a bit skewed for me, so I gave up trying and over size and trim to get perfect 2" blocks to sew together.

I'm still planning to start Dear Jane and Nearly Insane along with the Dear Jen to work on along with this one. We'll see how those plans go . . .

The first picture is the fabric I've selected. This is scraps, fat quarters and less than a yard pieces. I've got plenty of fabric in larger chunks if I use it all up (If I could only get that lucky!).

Attached Thumbnails imgp5321.jpg   imgp5323.jpg