View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 06:49 AM
sewingpup

Default Bernina owners please give opinion

I have been having a continuing problem with my year old Bernina 570 with birds' nest occurring randomly. She is going into the shop again this week. I am seriously thinking of just trading her in because of this ongoing problem. I really do like the machine and their are lots of nice functions I really like. I have been wanting to get onto the embroidery part, but am afraid because I will be stitching along and all of sudden...bammm...a jam happens. I hadn't even done stitching on it the last time it was in the shop almost a year ago until last week when my Viking went down. I took her out, finally managed to put the update to the firmware in and was testing her out. I attached a border and it did great. then I was attaching the second border and it did the birds' nest thing out of the blue and I wasn't even near a seam...just stitching along. Cleared it. stitched about 10 inches..did it again, repeat. Cleared out 4 bird's nest....then it stitched happily along for two more sides of the border. I just can't figure out what I am doing but I am thinking, I am not doing anything. This machine has a gremlin in it somewhere. So I looked at the line-up and am thinking I might want a 590 as it has just a step up from the one I have and it is on sale through March Do any of you have a 570 or 590 and what has your experience been? Is this an ongoing problem with this model? I am thinking I am suffering PTSD from the issue of the bird's nest with this machine