Old 03-15-2021, 12:45 PM
CaleyH

I guess the Jazz 2 is destined for the trash dump. This machines factory set thread tension is totally out of whack. Now, even with the suggested fixes I mentioned earlier, it will not work at all. I am guessing that something inside is loose, and getting worse.

The machine, I think, is still OK for straight stitches, but that's not what I purchased it for. I guess I will invest a lot of money in a professional machine that can sit on a quilting frame. Guess that's my only recourse if I want to continue to try to do free motion quilting. I no longer can move the fabric sandwich on my Singer without extreme pain in my arthritic fingers. I need something that doesn't involve pressing down. I can lightly grip a handle, and I am guessing that is why I may opt for a quilting frame and professional machine.

Just to let you know, a lot of the original Jazz and what seems like, quite a few Jazz 2 machines come from the factory with the tension setting wrong. I am waiting right now on Baby Lock to let me know if they are going to pay to fix the problem. If not, I will never purchase another of their machines.