View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 01:10 PM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I don't know anything about the machines you are asking about, but I have had a couple Berninas. Just for curiosity, did you take the guide classes at a shop? I know I would have had a lot of problems with my Berninas if I hadn't.
I took one...the first one...and then Covid hit. so they were canceled. I was planning on taking the zoom beginning embroidery one but...I am afraid to embroider because of the issue with the bird's nest in the bobbin area. If that happens at the high speed embroidery goes at, I don't know what will happen. I did have a Bernina 440 and 630 before and had no problems other than one circuit board that needed replacing on the 630. After that they worked great. I have have had a Viking D1 and a Viking SE previously as well as a Viking 500 and did a fair amount of embroidery on those. I know you can't just sit down and use a medium to high end Bernina as they can do so much and have so many settings. Oh, and the shop had just started carrying Bernina's when I got mine and if you asked a question, most of the time they did not know the answer. And the tech had just started with the Bernina tech classes. Just wish I had a knowledgeable experienced dealer nearby, but the next closest one is 90 miles away.