View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 03:28 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post
I love the flying geese block - it must have taken ages to make enough for a big quilt like this. Beautiful, fresh colors!

I like how you are using the different stripe prints between your strips of geese. I haven't ever tried that.

Another UFO and one more on the way - good going!
it took the year of 2020.:it’s my temperature quilt- the large center triangle is the high temperature of the day, the small triangles are the low temperature. One block a day for a year. I started with a chart - temps ranging every 5* from minus zero to 0-5, 6-10 etc. up to 100+ then assigned a color to each 5* increments. Used scraps and kept track of the temperatures all year, sometimes I would not be able to sew for 3 or 4 days and could look at my day planner and catch up my blocks . I sewed each month into columns alternating pointing up/ down and kept each month labeled . Amazing that I stuck with it for the whole year- my daughter was a motivating factor since she fell in love with a couple strips and asked for the finished quilt when its done- when I was about 2 1/2 months into it.