Old 03-18-2021, 10:46 AM
cashs_mom

Originally Posted by Lalla View Post
I use constantly four little tiny tailors’ bean bag weights (about the size of cotton reels) to keep fabric in place; really useful if working with long strips of binding, say, that seem forever to be aiming to dive off my work table; or to keep templates in place, or fusible backing while I’m drawing or tracing on it - endless uses. They are less trouble than using painters’ tape to fix things down, and are really easy to make oneself to any specific size. I’d had them for ages and never thought to use them for quilting, but wouldn’t now be without them. Someone’s probably talked about these already, that’s the problem with being a newbie! But maybe reminders don’t matter, anyway?! Forgive me if I’m teaching my grandmother to suck eggs - is that peculiar expression used in the US? I’m from the UK where we have such oddities of language!
I use the large washers you can buy at the hardware store for this. They're cheap and easy to find and since they have a hole in the middle you can hang them on pegboard pegs easily. they also come in different sizes. As some of the smaller sizes aren't as heavy, I just glued 2 or 3 on top of each other and they work great.

Don't worry about oddities of language. I'm in Texas and we have some doozies here.