Old 03-18-2021, 04:27 PM
Seneth

Default Help, my Janome Magnolia is sewing by itself.

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new on here and haven't posted much because I just finished a quilt that I've had packed away for several years. After finishing it I decided to finally make the 8 terrycloth potholders that I've had the fabric, batting, and Insulbrite packed away for at least two year to get rid of another UFO. Everything went along pretty well until I started sewing the bindings on one about an hour ago. My machine just took off sewing without my foot on the pedal and the only way I could stop it was to turn it off. That was quite a shock to say the least. I tried to work with it but I'm sure you know how that went trying to turn the curves on a potholder with a run away sewing machine. I decided to shut it off several time and start again but the same thing happens. I got tired of of ripping out those wild stitches and gave up. This has never happened on either of my older Sears machines or even on the treadle I learned on. Has this ever happened to any of you? I dread the hour and a half drive to the nearest quilt shop authorized service center in Columbus but I'm through with this mess. I'm too old for this. Any help or advice will be very appreciated. Excuse my typos I'm still stressed.

Seneth,