View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 05:30 AM
Macybaby

Looks like I need to go fabric shopping. I've been planning to start a Dear Jane quilt along with the Dear Jen, and after looking at lots and lots of pictures online, decided that I'm going to use the same FK fabric for both. However I want to use white background for the Jane quilt, while the Jen quilt has assorted dark/light solid colors.

I thought I had a big chunk of white fabric, and after looking around can only find one chunk of about 5 yards. Many years ago I had bought a whole bolt at a yard sale (unopened for $20). I know I cut it into manageable chunks so I could wash it, and after not finding it I remembered that I'd used quite a bit as backing for a quilt or two, because I figured I'd never use it up otherwise.

And today I have the afternoon off, so I asked DH if he wanted to go on a road trip with me and check out a few quilt shops on the way. I'm going to use some of my stimulus money. Others may say fabric isn't essential, but work has been very stressful this month, so buying some fabric will be a good mental boost. Other than flannel for masks, I've not bought much in a long time.