View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 04:20 AM
pocoellie

FMQ takes lots and lots and lots of practice, just keep practicing and you'll eventually see the difference. I can do a decent meander and loop de loops, but that's about it, but I've been practicing for years. There are some people that have a "gift" of fmq, and can do fantastic quilting without practicing, I'm not one of those. There are some things that make it easier though, 1. is your machine level with the table that you're quilting on? Do you wear gloves with grippy dots on, to help grab the quilt? Or even Caley's solution for moving the fabric, I'm sorry I don't have a link for her solution, but she's on the Board. I also spray a fabric friendly silicone spray over my quilting table, but you have to be careful and not get overspray on the floor if you have something other than carpet, because you might end up on the floor. I don't know if it would do the same on carpet. You can also try a suspension system, which can be found on the net. I"m going to be putting a suspension system up hopefully sometime this week, if my dh is feeling better.