View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 07:08 AM
Macybaby

I did get my fabric for the Dear Jane quilt. Ended up buying it twice, sort of. When to the Pin Cushion in Mitchell and didn't find any one white I liked that had enough yardage, so I bought 1 yard cuts of 8 different ones. But the more I thought about it, I still wanted to do all one white. So on the way home we stopped at the Quilt Shop here in town. Found a fabric I really liked the feel of, but it was solid white and I didn't want that. Then I found a very delicate wow and there was enough so I bought 8 yards. Found a beige I love that I've bought before, so I bought what was left on the bolt (about 5 yards). I also found a white with very light pastel highlights that I fell in love with. Silly DH said that since I liked it, just to get a yard - explained that it would be used as a background, so 5 yards would be a better choice. It came home with me too.

I'm going with that I did only get what I went for (light background fabric) and not going to think about that I got enough for 5 projects when I was only looking for fabric for one.

Here is another set of three Dear Jen blocks, and the first group of Dear Jane blocks. The Dear Jane are fun to cut because they're all background plus one fabric. I'll just keep rotating through my KF fabric until I'm done, and if I run out, I'll buy more.

Attached Thumbnails imgp5344.jpg   imgp5335.jpg