Old 03-22-2021, 08:01 AM
jomfcampbell

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! Glad you are joining us here. How many blocks did you make? Much will depend on this and the length you want for your table runner. A 2.5" strip is what is usually used as a sashing between each block. Then adding a long strip on each side the length of your table runner also using a 2.5 " strip. You may need wider strips since your block is a 10" I would also lay out a paper cut out of the 10" and the 2" ( finished) strip just to give you an idea of what the finish will look like. Have bunches of fun with this.
Getting the quilting bug is a wonderful thing to catch. I have it too and have had it for more than 30 years. I am far from the perfect quilter but I so love quilting that it takes up the majority of my time. Again welcome to the BQ. Stay around and have loads of fun.,
juliasb, i would quilt 18 hours a day every day for the rest of my life if i could. is this what addiction feel like?! oh jeez. i used to clean every day, now i sew, and marvel online at others' quilts, and go to the fabric store and just walk around looking at fabrics and running them thru my fingers. its insanely gratifying! And I give the chores to my kids to do! Its a win-win!

Thank you and everyone for ideas. Im gonna try sashing/binding in a bold color, take the leap. i'll probably get 2 or 3 table runners out of these. But Im gonna sit on it for now.

Im open to any more ideas at all if you can see my photo.

Blessed be!