View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 12:16 PM
tropit

Default Skunky Wine...Yuck!

My DH and I had a disagreement the other day and so, as an apology, he came home with my two, favorite foods...wine and vanilla ice cream. (Not to be ingested together at the same time, mind you.) The ice cream was a lovely treat, but when he opened the bottle of Pinot Noir...OMG...I could smell it from all the way from across the room. It was "skunky!" I took one sip and could not drink any more of it. It was soooooo bad. It had the smell of rubbing alcohol, mixed with rotten Ripple. (Remember Ripple?) There was absolutely no body to the wine...very thin and watery... just plain awful.

I didn't say a thing, because I didn't want to start another fight. I just left my glass there and quietly went to bed. I know that he paid a fair sum of money for it and it wasn't his fault. He even picked a local label that we have bought many times before. This was just an off bottle. I noticed that the next morning, he hadn't drank much of his either. I suppose that he could take it back to the store, but he's too embarrassed to do that, so we'll just let it go.

Have you ever had a skunky bottle of wine?