View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 04:59 PM
DJ

Thanks for the compliments on my March block!

joe'smo ~ You have some lovely blocks, too. Yes, this BOM is a learning experience for me, too. I'm not sure what all the blocks will look like together.

Recently I spearheaded the creation of a memorial quilt. I provided all the participants with a "focus" fabric and asked them to make a block using that fabric. I then combined all the blocks into a lap quilt to give to the family. The blocks were so diverse, I had no idea how I would get them to look like a cohesive, beautiful quilt. I thought the focus fabric would keep the color scheme harmonized, but I was wrong. At least the colors didn't harmonize in my eyes. I was finally able to pick a sashing fabric that really seemed to bring it all together.

For this A Quilting Life BOM, I picked a focus fabric and various other coordinating fabrics from my stash. I think I have the perfect sashing fabric picked out that will unify the blocks. I'm not used to doing sampler quilts or scrappy, so this seems to challenge me.

I can't wait till tomorrow for the new block! I was so impatient for the last one that I was disappointed it wasn't ready for download as soon as I got up in the morning. I'm on the West coast, so it seemed to me that it was very late. LOL