View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 09:29 AM
joe'smom

Originally Posted by WesternWilson View Post
Can anyone compare and contrast the quallities of the major lines of solid fabrics?
I find Kona to be somewhat weightier than the others and haven't used it much; Bella solids seem to me to fray a bit more than the others, but a wonderful range of colors; Michael Miller cotton couture line is a higher thread count and very silky; the Art Gallery line of solids has that almost papery feel that all of their fabrics have, and I would guess their thread count is also higher, and their colors are more avant garde, as are the Free Spirit line of solids; I think Confetti cottons is the Riley Blake brand, so, happy colors, and they get very soft after washing; Centennial solids is the Marcus reproduction line of solids, if you're looking for toned down versions.

For me it comes down to -- who has the exact color I want? I shop for them at Fat Quarter Shop; I just choose 'solids' from their 'fabric by theme' option and put a ton of selections of various brands in my cart; from there, you can then view the thumbnails and compare between them to fine tune. Once I've narrowed it down, I'll often order the minimum 1/2 yd. of a few; just to be sure it's what I want (they are not always as they appear on the monitor).