View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 02:01 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

RE: Iris...the rhizomes (or roots) need to be planted shallowy which is probably why they didn't like the -17 with no snow cover like we get here in the Upper Midwest. It's been my experience that they need to be divided every 4-5 years to maintain blooming. Anyone correct me if I am wrong. I have some simple yellow iris plants that were dug from my grandmother's farm yard in the early 1960's and transplanted to my mother's garden. In the 70's I brought roots from my mother's garden and now my daughter has the same yellow iris in her flower beds. A sweet garden tradition.

RE: Organizing. I've been sorting my fabric mess downstairs. For those that can tidy up in 15-30 minutes kudos to you! Yikes I've been at it for 4 hours and not sure if I see progress. Meanwhile when I come across 2" cuts that will work in the OMGosh quit I set them aside. I only need 15 more sets of 8 for the one block! My mind likes to multitask and then all at once I have a great deal accomplished! I need to have this area ready so I can spread out for the 3 tshirt quilts I need to make in the next 6 weeks.