View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 09:32 AM
IrishMom

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
My sister and I stood in line for several hours during the cold spell Texas had to get our first shot. Second shot we stood in line for 3.5 hours but it was nice out. No social distancing just herded together like a bunch of cows. For hubby we had to drive almost 3 hours north to Corpus Christie where he said everything was organized and moved right along. Took less then an hour for him both times.
I'm glad you got your shot! So odd how different the experiences are in getting the shot. My husband gets his second shot tomorrow at a drug store. (very anti-climatic!) He said when he had the first shot he saw no one else getting the shot - they put you into a small privacy cubicle and you sit there for a bit after the shot. I went to a Mass vaccination site at our local community college for my shot two weeks ago - very surreal with the police cars, national guard, tons of volunteers, and medical staff. I showed up about ten minutes early and was out (even the 15 minutes of sitting) about 15 minute after my appointment. I felt like we were on an invisible conveyer belt as we passed through about 10 different check points before getting the shot. It was a well oiled machine! I calculated that there were getting about 25 shots in every 5-8 minutes. And I live in a small town no where near a big city.