View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 04:38 PM
mjpEncinitas

I’m due my second Moderna shot at Radys children’s hospital, here in San Diego, Monday. It was a well oiled machine. And the second shot should be quicker.

we had the best news Monday. My daughter is having twins and during a recent visit the twins were 21% apart in estimated weight. All sorts of very bad things happen with a big difference in twin weight. In the visit this past Monday, very very unexpectedly, BAby A caught up with Baby B. A is 2lbs 2 oz. B is 2 lbs 4 oz. Estimated delivery got moved to to 34 weeks rather than an earlier date. A big difference.
umbilical cord flow to the babies is good. Although one baby is little higher than 90 % which is a tad too high. It’s amazing what they can measure now!

and my daughter was able to get the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine Monday. It looks like she’ll get the second dose before delivery. Since she developed gestiónal diabetes we were very relieved. It turns out the babies will get some protection from the shots too. We did the happy dance in our house Monday!

We are on call for May so if they are delivered at 34 weeks we are flying out to NE to help out with the two other kids. We are so grateful we got the vaccines in time to get on a plane safely and not bring Covid to the babies. My hope is she makes it until 36 weeks in June but that is unlikelyThe in laws are on call then.