Old 04-08-2021, 03:13 AM
Iceblossom

I brought the finished top to my Tuesday group. They've seen me working on it and heard the many complaints throughout the process but it was the first for them to see it finished. Most hadn't seen the finished reveal by Bonnie, only as I had been working on it and never had the vision of the end. "It makes more sense now!"

One of the ladies, in a much nicer way than I'm paraphrasing, said that the finished project picture was lovely -- but you couldn't really appreciate it until you saw how horrible some of the individual combinations were. Working close up, it is true that many of them ranged from "less than desirable" to "truly unfortunate" and it is a broad range of fabric from vintage to photo-realistic. I've learned that such things happen in scrap quilting.

Anyway, here's a corner close-up and you can see some of the fabrics... it was unfortunate that so much of the goofy dog fabric ended up near each other in the border, but you don't notice things like that in the big shot (it was the lower left corner). That one and several others I grabbed and shoved them in there and told them to be as gray as they could. But it shows the consistent fabric in the border blocks pretty well -- that is not metallic, just two tones of gray on black. When I was collecting (and using) black fabrics, I decided that piece "wasn't black enough" for that project, turned out to be perfect for this and the half yard I had just enough.

The other is a quarter of the top before the border was put on. It was a problem in my small house with small work spaces trying to lay out things. There is no wall or floor big enough for me to lay it out!
Attached Thumbnails 100_6047.jpg   100_6043.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 04-08-2021 at 03:14 AM. Reason: missed pictures??