View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 04:39 AM
sewingpup

I am not quite ready to give up on Bernina yet. The new 590 I got on the trade is so far a delight to stitch on. I really haven't done much of anything yet though other then piecing and watching some of the U-tubes. I think I am going to like the embroidery as I can do a lot of editing of designs right on the screen. I think the 570 I had was a lemon. Yep, though, I agree, you just can't sit down a one of the higher end Berninas and just start stitching away. Really need to take it slow, read the manual, take the classes offered with a new one, and watch the videos. It is so adjustable to what you want it do, that it is a bit of a pain to understand. For example. when you tap on the peddle, do you want it to raise or lower the needle, and/or stitch a knot, and/or cut the thread? You can program what you want. There are so many features on it, it is like learning to use an I-phone, or getting one of those fancy new cars with all the gadgets on it. There are days when I like the simplicity of the old rotary dial phones, my old 1968 cutlass supreme, my grandma's singler 66 treadle. (although got to say, I never did a very smooth treadle motion going as a 5 year old)