View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 10:18 AM
Iceblossom

Hey thanks, QuiltE, the way I have it set up now is how the shop sent it home to me (at least the spool position) after the cleaning/sensor replacement so I assumed it was better than the way I had it. I can easily go to the other position, and always nice to have a place to put the backup bobbin where you hang your pincushion. I will check out the link and the manual, I know there were recommendations for how to use/twist the spool holder. BTW, I do like those extra large bobbins and the bobbin sensor, no more stitching forever to find out you ran of thread at the start of the day. And the bobbin winder is easy and gives me a nice quality bobbin.

For the first year I tried various internet cures and positions of thread spools and the uptake and using the bobbin winder notch and nothing worked. My friend who had it before me used it for around 5 years, that was who gave me the recommendation of "seems to like Aurifil". She is so much happier and still a Bernina Fan with her 770. She actually bought it from a friend of her's... from what I understand who used it for just over a year and when the shop offered her less than half for it when she tried to return it, Barb said she'd buy it for half. Gwen, btw, also went that route and is delighted with her 770 (760??) too.

So I'm the third owner in about 10 years, we've tried most things to various degrees of confidence. I've seen the horror stories, I don't think my Bernie is one of the lemons but I believe they are out there! When Bernie is not being cranky, he's a little powerhouse and we can do all sorts of things. With my vision issues the bright light, the huge workbed and the self threader are all delightful. I can't really read the buttons but I love the knee peddle for foot up/down, the foot pedal for needle up/down, and I know which button is cut thread! Which I also like, who knew my clothing would be neater simply by using a thread cutter.