View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 05:57 AM
Iceblossom

Thanks, Jmoore and way to go CKcowl.

This year I'm going to be working in bright! The yellow in the currently named Debbie Bleeds Blue certainly fits that... although I'll be ordering more yardage most of it will be used as foundation for Fan Blocks (because Debbie is a Fan!). I'll be alternating those with dark blue background star blocks, using the yellow as points and probably the fat quarters as centers, FQs also in the fan blades along with some of my own fabric. The large M floral (darn it directional) will be used as full block background to the star and fan blocks. I'll be twisting and turning the fan and star blocks to make a center medallion and frame and if you really, really look hard, you can pretend the arcs from the fan blocks form M shapes. Sure they do, once the idea is planted.

It will work and it will be happy to work on. Good stuffs even if purchase was required

I've got a few little blocks to make for my Tuesday ladies, all stash of course, and I did get my Bonnie Hunter top done (all stash, but lots of gray fabrics begged!). One other project planned for this year so far, another bright one -- all from scrap and using the white solid yardage I bought last year.

While sewing will be going on, the major push this year is on home improvements and reducing 30 years accumulation of stuff. The rest of the house is almost as packed as the sewing room. Not buying fabric shouldn't be very hard, but darn it right now the modern quilt back fabric is so fabulous. It's a good thing I am as cheap as I am or I could get in serious trouble.