View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 03:19 PM
lizzie3

I decided to take today and tomorrow off and figured if I'm going to use vacation days I might as well do something I love. I sewed together all 9 of my dresden blades and am feeling good about them. I made and pressed 1/3 of them but they didn't seem as straight/good as they could be. I had referenced Jenny Doans video and so googled another video to compare. The second video stated I should use a smaller stitch size and clip the corner of the seam before I press the point and this made a big difference. I should have taken more care pressing straight points on many of them in general but that's okay! The person I'm giving it to will be thrilled either way.

There was something really satisfying sewing the blades together, you could see how lovely they would be as I went. I've attached a picture with the fabric I intend to use for sashing and border. I'm going to do different a colour in the corners which I've never done before. The last quilt top I did sashing for the first time so I figure this is the next logical step in learning.
Attached Thumbnails dresdenplatemini.jpg