View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 03:50 AM
sewingpup

our guild and my church has given quilts to so many different places. It is good to ask the local organizations in your community what they would like and if they have a need....yep, a few times we overwhelmed a organization or two with our quilts. We have many quilters who love to spend the cold northern winters in their quilting rooms. But, that said, there is always somewhere for quilts to go. Places that the quilts have gone include cancer patients, nursing homes, crisis centers for teens, newborn ICU, Ronald McDonald house, overseas to refuge camps (some quilts are sold to help pay for the shipping, these quilts are often used for wall dividers, dirt floor coverings, as well as beds) half-way shelters, batter women shelters. We also had a group that made teddy bears out of fabric which was given to the police and fire department for when a child was involved in a crisis. Oh quilts of velour, the local animal shelter, our local wildlife rescue group. We also have raffled off quilts to raise money for local groups like the Y and Sexual assaults' programs. There is also a group of local knitters who "Yarn" various locations with hats and mittens and a label that says "I am not lost, if you need a hat or mittens, take me" These are just hung on street signs etc. Our country and the whole world at the moment, can use warm hugs. And our quilts, mittens, and hats fit the bill.