View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 03:45 AM
Iceblossom

Hey there, WMU, wish we were closer. As I say... I have a box of civil war fabrics and I don't particularly like or use them, that's why I still have them! Many are just gorgeous though, a lot of what I have are my 10" Y2K era swapping squares, right when Civil War fabrics were first popular -- and Thimbleberries, similar toned but more modern prints.

I usually make about 5-6 tops per year and I generally know a couple of years in advance on what I'm working on. Last year was supposed to be the year of the Civil War quilts and I had two planned, and one fairly well thought out and probably enough fabric for at least one more... Right now, the subject matter is still too fresh and close for me. The colors too gray. The productivity is just not there.

The projects are good, they will probably feel soothing after the year of bright I see ahead of me! Maybe next year...

But if there is anything I can help you with fabric-wise let me know Otherwise, it does indeed feel good to go shopping with a purpose and keep to that!