Old 04-16-2021, 09:07 AM
Railroadersbrat

Yay! I've been waiting for this weekend for two weeks! I'm feeling great and have lots planned this weekend, especially since it's going to be cool, rainy, drizzly and just plain yucky .

Today, I'm going to be straightening up my corner and getting my sewing machine ready. I finally found a back motor cover for my old girl that has two spool pins on it, been looking for one of those for about a year and one popped up on Ebay. I'll be cleaning and oiling her up after I get the back cover on and load up some bobbins with black thread.

Then, starting tomorrow, I'm going to finally start work on my niece's quilt, I'm doing the Jagged X quilt, black background with a garden themed jelly roll (Artisan Batiks,Garden Style by Lunn Studios for Robert Kaufman, in case anyone is interested), so lots of blues, greens, pinks, reds and purples for the 'X's. I've got the Pond Ripples quilt stencil, my niece and her husband bow-fish, so I'm calling the quilt 'Fishin' in the Dark' - the X's kind of reminds me of crosshairs on a bow and what they might look like from underwater.

Cut down tomorrow morning, piecing starts in the afternoon and I'm going to film it and put it on my YouTube channel. I've had a lot of requests from my family to start showing the process more, I've just been posting pictures on my personal Facebook page and tagging them in the process.

Thank you again, Heather, for hosting - can't wait to get this weekend started!!