Old 04-16-2021, 10:27 AM
Railroadersbrat

Right now, I'm just getting started on my niece's quilt, I have two others that needs to be sandwiched and finished that will get done sometime in the next two or three months. I have three other quilts in the design phase and for a backup project, I have the Rainbow Bridge wall hanging.

I am like Stitchnripper, I don't have a stash. I keep a bolt of natural colored Muslin, some white and black in small yardage piles for backgrounds and that's it. When I am ready to start another quilt, that's when I buy the fabric, then once it's done, I buy the batting and backing. I have such a small space in the room that I am quilting in, it's not logical for me to keep a huge stash of fabric. The way I see it, it keeps me organized, on-track and I'm able to complete the projects I start working on. I just came into the bullet journal craze this year, I have everything listed, including future quilts.

As far as what active projects I have going, just my niece's and the wall hanging. When I'm finished with her quilt, then I'll pick up my sister's. One quilt always going, with the wall hanging to fall back on if I get tired or I feel my sew-jo is about to up and leave me. I don't even have the urge to have that many projects going at once, I'd rather be slow and steady and complete what I'm working on first before I start another.