View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 04:12 PM
KathyS120

I'm glad to hear that you traded up to the B590. I think you will love it. I am starting to think that I would like to get one. My main machine is the B790 which I adore, but it's so big and heavy. Now I've had back surgery and can't lift it at all. So I would like the 590 for a take along machine. I worked for a Bernina dealer at the time the 500 series machines came out and I really think they are a wonderful addition to the line for those that don't need and don't want to pay for the very big machines. I am suspecting that the thread nests you were getting was being caused by a stray thread somewhere behind the hook. With the automatic cutters, it is so easy to get a random bit of thread back there. I use a magnifying glass when I get the error notice and go on a hunt! The other person that recommended lots of oil is right. The reason is that the oil the Berninas use is so light-weight (due to the close tolerances on the machines, which heavier oils can gunk up) that it gets used up very quickly on the faster moving parts. So just oil her alot and keep the bobbin area as clean as you can and you shouldn't have any problems.