Old 03-04-2010, 06:47 PM
ConnieF

Well my thing is I have a lot of extra bobbins, and I am always trying to use up what thread is on them. So I have no complaint there. If I am starting a big job I just wind a few bobbins fo it so I do not have to stop to wind.
My machine beeps as the bobbin is getting low.
My machine never need to be oiled. Very low maintance. Never had two of my machines in ever. My 20 year old Viking has been in maybe 3 times. Never needs oil.
My machine also has the needle up / needle down
and a larger base? Well I already hater to carry my machine to and from sewing classes.
My sapce between the needle and the neck is plenty for rollong a quile so a ot of these subjestions are out there, just have to pay to get them. Quilting is not a poor mans hobby. I have the machine can't aford the fabric's LOL
We will alway's want more. I have dreamed of a long arm for years.... getting one will probably never happen. So I do fine on my home machine.
My machine also has a needle threader which is so nice when doing embroidery and having to change threads so often.
My friend got a table and measured her machine, then her husband cut the hole out and made a board under neith to hold her machine for quilting.... it works great.