Old 04-17-2021, 07:40 AM
Railroadersbrat

jmoore - I absolutely love those colors together - it makes the quilt look so warm and cozy! I can't wait to see it finished, it's going to be beautiful!

rryder - she's got some geddy-up-and-go - I have to keep the pedal pressed about a quarter of the way to get control of her. Her pedal has a curve shaped attachment, so I mounted it on my sewing cabinet for a knee press, that's helped me control her some. Putting the pedal to the metal for free motion quilting has been both fun and scary, lol. Only real hiccup now is sometimes, the pedal sticks, so I have to hit it once with my knee to get her going. Reminds me to squirt some DW-40 on that before I start quilting today.

So yesterday was a wee bit of a flop for me, I was putting on the back cover and I kept dropping the screws. Thankfully, the screwdriver I was using is magnetized, so picking them up wasn't that much of a chore, but all the bending down and stretching put a terrible crick in my neck and shoulders. I had to finally stop for the day, take some Aleve pm, put my head on a warm heating pad and just sleep it off. It's much better this morning, thank goodness I don't have to mess with the machine like that again!

As soon as I wake up a little more, I'm going to clean and oil my machine, then reassess the neck and shoulders to see if I would be up to doing some cutting. Thankfully, I moved my big cutting mat to a better location, it won't be so hard on my shoulders to cut. If all I get done is clean and oil my machine today, I can live with that, just means all the fun starts tomorrow!