View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 07:29 AM
Iceblossom

In today's chapter of The Feathered Star Turns -- turns out that yes, the quilt is mine. Mine mine mine!

But there is a cautionary tale attached, and it is the reason some of us are trying to use and not acquire stash. The friend my Tuesday Lady is helping lives out of state and is dealing with an estate clearing. Her father recently passed and with him gone, her mother is in memory care. There is an entire house of beautiful things to deal with. The good news is that the fabric and assorted equipment was never a financial issue, the family already has many beautiful pieces, and they do not need to get cash -- they want it to be appreciated and used preferably in charitable donations but appreciation is enough and mostly they want it gone. LOL they agree with my initial assessment of why it was never finished sounds like mom.

I have offered to help with the sorting and such, as well as finding organizations/people that will use the fabric in many ways -- some of which probably will be home crafters trying to make something for income, but 501c organizations preferred.

Sometimes it helps the family feeling overwhelmed that Mom (or whoever) had fun buying the fabric and playing with it, even if it didn't get used, a smile was usually involved with each purchase.

We know the Quilter's Wills, this is a case where maybe I get to help with the sorting and I have a good idea of whether a vintage machine is valuable or not. Whether that is "just" a table, or a Koala sewing cabinet... things like that. There is going to be stuff left for others to do when I go -- but it won't be a full basement! Maybe only because I don't have a basement but that's another story

Last edited by Iceblossom; 04-18-2021 at 07:40 AM.