Thread: Wine talk
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 11:10 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
I grew up and raised my family near Napa so I love California wines, reds mostly. Over the years the CA wine industry has grown with so many appellations beyond Napa so I have favorites from different areas. I still belong to several wine clubs and get shipments here in Maine. DH and I owned a specialty food store here in Maine for 10 years and we had monthly wine tastings which was a great way to introduce our customers to wines from all over the globe.

Tropit, I’ve been to Navarro and Anderson Brewing Co., I like beer too. LOL I bet it is great to taste different varietals that you normally might not buy.
Wow! We were neighbors! Your store sounds wonderful! It's funny, a lot of people think that our area reminds them of Maine. It's probably because a lot of lumber jacks came here from Maine in the mid-1800s to make their riches in the redwood industry, so there are many buildings here that look like the typical, Maine vernacular, especially in Mendocino. Maine is definitely on my travel bucket list.

Anderson Brewing Co. is our family hang-out. We bring the dogs and lounge on the patio. We always go there to watch the world series games. It was recently sold and then the new owners had to close due to the pandemic. I hope it opens back up soon. We miss it.

I hope that your family was not affected by the wildfires in the Napa area.